Monday Sessions 6:15-7:00
CanSkate Info and Prices (PDF)
September 11, 18, 25 , October 2, 16, 23 , 30 November 6,
No Skating: October 9,
November 13 20, 27, December 4, 11,18, January 8, 15
No Skating: November 11, December 24, 31
January 22, 29 , February 5,12, 26 , March 5, 11, 19
No Skating: January 1, February 19
$36.00 Skate Canada Membership for 2017/18
$ 112.00 per session
Appropriate Dress & Equipment
For CanSkate we recommended that you purchase a leather lace up skate rather than molded skates. Please do not purchase the style of skate that has one or two straps instead of laces as they make it difficult to stand straight. All CanSkaters are required to wear helmets. Layered clothing is recommended as bulky snowsuits can hinder movement.
Recommended Skate Shops
United Cycle: 103 and 78 Ave. (Gateway Blvd)
Pro Skate: 16972-111 Ave or 9212-51 Ave
Bladz: Clareview Arena
Please sharpen figure skates only at these shops.
General Program Information
· Payment : Credit Card, Debit, Cash or Cheque
Reserved classes must be paid in full before the start date of the session
· Parents are requested to view lessons from the bleachers or lobby viewing area.
– Parents are not permitted to view lessons from the players boxes as this disrupts the classes.
· If a registered skater is in any way disruptive during skating lessons, causing other skaters to be held back from a positive learning experience, the coach will discuss the concern with the skater/parent. If the skater’s behaviour does not improve, the skater will be asked to withdraw from the class and a partial refund of registration fees will be given.
- There are no make-up classes
- NFS cheques are subject to a $25.00 Fee
- No refunds after the first day of classes (unless accompanied by a Doctors note)
- The Skate Canada Fee is non-refundable
- Classes will be pro-rated if you are starting after the first session
CanSkate: If the skater has started classes and is not ready, Centennial will give you a credit for the remaining classes to use at a later date.